All right, so it took me a while to post this. But here, at last, are my Top 10 favorite memories from Becky’s, Toby’s and my Buffalo-to-Phoenix road trip:
Honorable Mention: Seeing a dust devil in Utah.
10. Finally getting a picture of the Bob Dole/Arlen Specter sign in Russell, Kansas, that we missed in 2001
9. Prairie Dog Town (also featuring pigs, extra-legged cows, and more), Oakley, Kansas
8. Beautiful roadside scenery, western Colorado
7. Monument Rocks, Oakley, Kansas
6. Thunderstorm in Monticello, Utah
5. Monarch Scenic Tramway ski lift and vista, Monarch, Colorado
4. Toby’s lizard-chasing and other cute antics
3. World’s highest suspension bridge (Royal Gorge, Colorado) during giant thunderstorm
2. The Colorado River basin and Arches National Park, Utah
1. The impossibly red rocks and gorgeous scenery of south-central Utah
There are more insects in one square mile of rural land than there are people on the planet Earth, according to some radio broadcast that Becky and I heard during our Buffalo-to-Phoenix road trip.
By the way, I will be posting my final summary of that road trip, complete with lots of photos and even a Top Ten list, one of these days. Let us just say “sometime.” :)
Between helping Becky move into her new home tomorrow and flying back to New York on Saturday, I may not have time to post my full, final road-trip blog summary until Sunday. But my full road-trip photo album is now online!
I am in the process of uploading more than 300 road-trip photos into a multi-page photo album at this URL. Once they’re all online, and once I have time to write more thoroughly about the trip in a blog post, I’ll do a final summary and wrap-up of the trip.
The Zaks report that it is raining at their house… which is no great surprise, judging by these dark skies ahead of us.
And now, the wide-angle lens! Woohoo! We are now getting on Route 60 east, which goes to the community where the Zaks live.
Look! If I hold up my digital camera telephoto lens to the cell phone lens, I can get zoomed images! In other news, we just entered Phoenix, and Becky just saw an Alberta car, which means we have seen plates from all the provinces that border the US.