The Bush Administration wants to loosen environmental restrictions protecting manatees. Oh, the Hugh Manatee!!!
Oh, the Hugh Manatee!
Things I would be blogging about, if my blog wasn’t broken:
• I received word this morning that I’ll finally be starting my law-clerk job tomorrow at 8:30 AM. Woohoo! (In keeping with my normal policy about such things, I won’t be blogging about my job, except perhaps to say something very generic like “I had a good first day at work” or whatever.)
• I also received word this morning that I will be able make my pilgrimage to Connecticut next Thursday-Sunday, as planned, for my honorary little sister Kim’s graduation from Newington High. Again, woohoo!
• Becky and I went to the zoo today. We had fun. Pictures later.
• Next on our agenda: go to S&K and pick up my new, tailored suit pants, so I’ll have something to wear to work tomorrow. :)
• A fellow ConLaw Kelleyite sent me the Washington Post’s West Wing floor plan, which is fascinating. The upshot: if Professor Kelley stomps on his floor, he is stomping on Andy Card’s ceiling. Also, the person with the office closest to the president, aside from his personal secretary, is… yes… Karl Rove.
• Speaking of Kelley, grades for his ConLaw section, along with Tidmarsh’s CivPro, Venter’s Legal Writing, and the Thursday Ethics class, are finally online. I don’t know about the other sections, but I am assuming they are online too. As for me, my GPA is 0.001 higher than I had calculated after getting my grades from Anne Hamilton, so I’m happy about that. :) Oh, and I passed Ethics. :)
• Notwithstanding my website problems, the FishCams are still working.
• Last but not least, I uploaded a whole bunch of new photo galleries last night and early this morning — before my website disappeared from the face of the earth — and I was working on a blog post about them when the site went kaput. Luckily enough, I saved the post as a text file before MT died, so I can re-create it below. Here goes:
Those Zaks are sadistic. :)
Included in that “other pics” gallery are a whole bunch more pictures of our encounter with the elements, first dodging thunderstorm cells and then driving directly into an outflow boundary. Of the photos that I haven’t already posted on the blog, I think this one is particularly neat.
Neat, huh? View ‘em all!
Finally, here are the Zaks’ pictures of Casey’s graduation from USC’s MBA program; here are some scenic shots of Notre Dame in summmer; and here are some miscellaneous pics, including evidence of possible book-burning at NDLS. :)
I hope everyone is having a great holiday. In a few hours, we (me, Becky, her parents, brother, sister and brother-in-law) will be opening this impressive collection of presents:
That’s in keeping with the Zak family tradition of opening all presents on Christmas Eve, whereas the Loomer-Loy tradition is for each person to open one present on Christmas Eve, and the rest on Christmas morning. (I asked Becky earlier: “So what do you do on Christmas morning? Go to church?” Heh.)
I’m injecting a bit of Loomer-Loy tradition, though, by bringing out a couple of stuffed animals to witness the festivities. Note Hugh Manatee and Sully in the photo above — both of whom celebrate their birthdays tomorrow! :)
More winter break photos here.
UPDATE: ‘Twas a beautiful sunset against, and moonrise over, the Superstition Mountains here in Gold Canyon, AZ:
Hugh Manatee just got repeatedly poked and prodded by a TSA employee during a security search! Hee hee!
Below: Hugh Manatee and Fatty Diego discuss some of the finer points of tort law.
I’ll be asking them for an explanation of res ipsa loquitur later…
Okay, okay, I should really be studying, not posting silly pictures of my stuffed animals posing near my study materials. :) But I saw them there, and they looked so cute! I couldn’t resist.
Anyway, back to work!
P.S. By the way… the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack (my newest iTunes Music Store purchase - hat tip to NDLS computer guru Tim Gritten) is the best study music ever!
Here are some photos from our L.A. trip so far. Included are several shots of Kristy eagerly opening her “housewarming gift” — actually just a sweatshirt that Becky “borrowed” years ago, which has been a point of contention ever since:
From our drive out here yesterday, here’s another shot of the smoke from the wildfires in the Phoenix area:
We also witnessed the biggest dust devil I’ve ever seen:
Here are a couple of pics of Becky and two stuffies, Napoleon Piggywig and Hugh Manatee, being cute:
Last but not least, here’s a random picture from inside a McDonald’s along Route 10 in California that I think is sort of cool: