The line must be drawn here!

Apropos of nothing, except a comment by Josh on a previous post:

19 Responses to “The line must be drawn here!

1. Casey says:

Star Trek is awesome. Picard for President!

Picard can’t be President! He’s French! (with a slight English accent…)

3. Nadine says:

Picard is NOT French, he’s British!

From Wikipedia:

Jean-Luc Picard was born to Maurice and Yvette Picard in La Barre, France, in 2305

Unless Britain had conquered France by the 24th century, no the character was actually French :)

Why else do you think he has that outraaaaageous accent?

6. Julie says:

The single best scene in any Star Trek movie/tv show EVER!! Jean-Luc was the MAN!! Why can’t they make a decent movie anymore?

Seriously, i was willing to give insurrection a pass since it was odd-numbered, but Nemesis really just plain stunk it up. The idea of using Romulans as a main villian? Great idea. But a bad Picard clone, a super giganto space ship, mutant Remans, and death to Data (but its ok they have a cheap copy)? I doubt we shall see a TNG movie ever again

8. B. Minich says:

On a somewhat unrelated note, I’m going to see Patrick Stewart (HE’S British, don’t you know) in a production of Hamlet. In England. Yep, good stuff all ’round. This won’t happen until November, but I am looking forward to it (the guy playing Doctor Who currently is also in this production).

Also, Stewart is on Broadway right now in Macbeth. So that could work too.

9. Alasdair says:

Silly David – in 2305, when Picard will be born, France is just another of the United States … the 69th State, in 2089, right, Brendan ? You remember – with the merging of the US and the EU …

So he’s eligible …

10. kcatnd says:

I’m still waiting for Alasdair to have a nuanced opinion on something…anything…

Brendan, I think you should have a weekly Picard quote/video clip.

11. Aaron says:

There! Are! Four! Lights!

…gettin’ mah geek on.

12. kcatnd says:

I love the four lights episode…is that an allusion to Orwell? I can’t remember the episode name; just that Capt. Jellico was there.

13. Alasdair says:

kcatnd – is that you being a comedienne, then ? (grin)

Out of curiosity – what would you consider to be a “nuanced opinion” ? So far, when someone says that he/she has a “nuanced opinion”, he/she seems to be somewhere from mildly pretentious to the full John Kerry …

14. I R A Darth Aggie says:

You should find the scene where Janeway is imitating all of Starfleet’s captains that she’s met.

She does a pretty passable Jean Luc Picard.

15. Aaron says:

Darth,

Who is this “Janeway” person you speak of? I don’t believe she exists, nor does any hypothetical crap Star Trek spinnoff she might allegedly be a character in.

16. josh says:

kc– “Chain of Command.”

Who’s the uber-geek now? :-P

17. I R A Darth Aggie says:

Aaron,

It’s called Star Trek: Voyager, and yes, it was mostly awful. Bringing in Seven of Nine put some spring in the scriptwriters step, but it was a case of too little, too late, more spandex please.

By the end i’d say Voyager was better than DS9, DS9 had such promise and managed to hurl itself into crapitude by the end.

19. Alasdair says:

Hey ! I grew up (as much as I have done so) around Ferenghi !