SHA girl needs your votes!

Since I was being mean to Buffalo yesterday, I figured I should do something nice for a Buffalo native this morning. And, conveniently enough, one of Becky’s high-school classmates needs my, and your, help!

Sara Crowther (née Alpsan) is competing in the "Be a Milk Rock Star with Rascal Flatts" contest. She uploaded a video of herself singing "God Bless the Broken Road," and it’s currently ranked 14th out of 219 entries, based on viewers’ votes. That’s up from like 85th or something when I first checked! You can help keep that momentum ("Crow-mentum"?) going by clicking the above link and voting for Sara!

Sara doesn’t need to finish first — she just needs to crack the Top 10 by April 15. Then Rascal Flatts and MilkRocks.com will pick the winner from the Top 10 entries. Whoever they choose will, according to the contest rules,  "win
a trip for them, and three friends, to see the band live and perform
their song entry onstage with Rascal Flatts; a Gibson Les Paul Studio
Guitar autographed by Rascal Flatts; their own backstage dressing room,
a meet and greet with the band; VIP accommodations to and from the
concert on the Gibson Guitar Tour Bus and a webcast featuring their
performance aired for 30 days on MilkRocks.com."

So anyway… vote for Sara! Here’s her video:

10 Responses to “SHA girl needs your votes!”

This video doesn’t play automatically, does it? I know it’s super annoying when they do that. For me, in IE and Firefox on Windows XP, it doesn’t start automatically… but let me know if it starts automatically for y’all, and I’ll move it after the jump.

Anyway, good luck, Sara!!

2. Emily says:

I voted for her as a guest, for whatever that’s worth. I then watched the videos ranked ahead of her. It would be a shame if she didn’t make it to the top 10 because most of the other singers were not even in key. Good luck to you Sara.

3. Sara says:

Hey Guys!!! Thank you for your support:) I believe with the video you have to just click on the “check it out” button below the video screen. That should take you right to the site. I really appreciate all the support and hope that with all your help- I can make it into the top 10 by April 15th:)

4. Barbara says:

Alpsan??? Congrats- you sound great.

good luck!

5. Jen Featherston says:

I voted as a guest, too. Can we vote more than once?

I believe you can vote once every 24 hours, either with your logged-in name or as a guest using a particular IP address.

7. Sara says:

Yes :) This is Alpsan or to some “Alpy-san”. To answer the one question, you can vote once every 24 hours as a member or once every few hours as a guest. Sometimes it works more than once for guests and sometimes it doesn’t. If you create a member name your vote counts for more and you can rate the reviews as helpful or not which gets more points:)

Gees Sara, you’re fantastic. You blow everyone out of the water!

[I’m totally signed up now as a memmber, and I clicked on all of the reviews as helpful — there were tons! took a while. Also wrote a review…hopefully that gets you a bunch of points too!]

9. bone says:

You have a beautiful voice Sara, it takes a lot of bravery to put yourself out there like this. I see you’ve moved up a spot – good luck!

10. Becky says:

You rock Sara! Good luck!