Finally, a close game?

Will we finally get a close, entertaining regional final game, courtesy of Kansas and Davidson? It looks good so far. After starting the game with good defense and ice-cold shooting — it was 4-2 Kansas six minutes in, and at one point Davidson was 1-for-10 from the floor while Kansas was 2-for-10 — the Jayhawks and Wildcats are both making big plays (on both sides of the ball), and it’s 28-28 with 2:00 left in the first half.

UPDATE: Kansas 59, Davidson 57 with 36.3 seconds left. GO WILDCATS!!!

UPDATE 2: 16.8 to go, Davidson ball, still Kansas by two. Curry for 3 at the buzzer?? C’mon, I want to hear Gus Johnson so NUTS!!!

UPDATE 3: ARRRRGH. Not a good final possession at all by Curry and Davidson there. Good defense by Kansas, I guess. But, argh.

For the first time ever, all four #1 seeds are going to the Final Four!

7 Responses to “Finally, a close game?”

1. gahrie says:

Wow. I picked both the NCAA and NIT Final Fours perfectly.

2. B. Minich says:

Hrmmm . . . Kansas gives a whole new meaning to Rock Chalk by winning this. First ever all Chalk Final Four.

Watched the end of that game. Good game, felt bad for Davidson at the end there . . . so close, but Kansas clamped down when it counted and didn’t let Davidson get a good shot off.

3. Mike says:

Good D you guess? That was excellent Defense. Davidson wanted Curry to take the last shot and Kansas and everyone knew it. Almost sure to get someone else the ball there, but how do you not let the guy who got you there take the shot?

4. Scientizzle says:

The Kansas defense deserves a lot of credit for smothering Curry and Davidson when it finally counted. That was a good game…

Yeah, it was good defense. I was frustrated when I wrote that, because I know that’s not how Davidson would have drawn up that play. But all credit to Kansas.

6. JD says:

Well, I guess it was too much to expect picking the Final Four two years in a row. Seven out of eight ain’t bad.

7. Jay Johnson says:

I have several sports teams that I pull for, in different sports. I’m ecstatic when any of my teams win championships.

My Tigers back to the Final Four for the first time since I was in elementary school just gives me shivers. I am absolutely gobsmacked (thank you to the UK for that one), but it correctly describes how I feel right now.

The Volunteers winning the National Championship when I was in law school was amazing. The St. Louis Cardinals winning the World Series in 2006 was fantastic. My Tigers poised to take the best run at a title in over 20 years far surpasses all of that.

I trust that a fair number of readers on this blog will stand behind me as I yell out fUCLA! GO TIGERS GO!