Hillary: vote for me or I’ll sue!

If Hillary Clinton loses in Texas because of the state’s bizarre primary-caucus hybrid, will she file a lawsuit challenging the process? (Hat tip: Joe Mama.)

Her campaign has truly become a shining exemplar of unintentional self-parody and self-destructiveness.  It’s like they honestly don’t understand how they look, pulling one self-serving stunt like this after another.

At some point, Hilldog, you’ve gotta recognize that there’s a process, there are rules, and while they may be deeply imperfect, they are what they are, they’re decided beforehand, everybody knows about them in advance (or, if not, it’s their own damn fault for not paying attention), and you can’t change them in the middle of the game because you don’t like the (potential) outcome. Good grief.

17 Responses to “Hillary: vote for me or I’ll sue!”

1. Angrier and Angrier says:

Hillary is playing the victim card big time, saying that she is having to compete on an uneven playing field because she is a woman…never mind the fact she is running against…A BLACK MAN WITH A MUSLIM MIDDLE NAME!!!

What a bitch. The race was hers to lose and she’s losing it, not because of her vagina but because of her brain.

2. Hillary Clinton says:

My losing has NOTHING to do with my lack of a cohesive strategy, my rambling and insane outbursts, the transparently dirty tricks I have played, the mistakes I made as First Lady or my husband trying to play the race card in South Carolina. No. I am losing because I don’t have a penis.

3. Barack Obama says:

Hope. Change.

4. Casey says:

Hillary is totally the female Nixon.

5. Richard Milhouse Nixon says:

How dare you.

6. Richard Milhous Nixon says:

Your comparison upset me so much that I misspelled my own middle name.

7. P.S. says:

It’s actually a funny comparison, considering that Nixon probably could have sued to try and win Texas (in 1960), but chose not to… and he, too, was running against a charismatic young senator who inspired people with his hopeful message…

8. Angrier and Angrier says:

Nixon blamed losing on his vagina?

9. Joe Loy says:

So now, tell me again: exactly which applicable state and/or federal Laws and/or Constitutional Provisions will the Texas Democratic Party be violating, at its Precinct Caucuses to elect its Precinct Delegates to its County Conventions?

In the joke involving the Engineer who is mistakenly sent to Hell due to Heavenly clerical error, when the Devil refuses to return the poor Soul and the Lord then threatens to sue, Beelzebub shrewdly replies, “Oh yeah, and where are You gonna find a Lawyer?” Contrastingly, locating an Attorney in Texas will be no problem I’m sure; but finding a Judge so radically Activist as to assert Jurisdiction, well, that’s another Matter.

This litigation not only lacks Cattle, it hasn’t even got the Hat. As a Laborlawyer friend of mine so wisely said of another case long years ago, “Moot the Suit. Save a lotta Loot.”

10. 4-7 says:

Mark Levin is now calling Barack, Barack Milhouse Obama. Not as a comparison to Nixon, but as a joke about how radio hosts have to apparently be sensitive about saying his actual middle name. In other news, he has given Jimmy Carter the middle name Hussein.

Now, I agree the photo business was untoward, but I wonder whether we well all be competent judges going forward to determine when some right wing radio host is saying Barack’s entire name whether it is a smear or now. Everytime ? Just when the context is clear ? When will that be ?

I think this may lead to some silly moments.

I was thinking the other day about how people often say “Bushhitler”. Then that led me to wonder about what if some republican’s middle name was Adolf . . . hmmmm

11. Richard Milhous Nixon says:

My vagina? Huh? Everybody knows I blame the Jews. What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, anyway?

12. Angrier and Angrier says:

Look. Hillary just made a great ad for John McCain…

13. dcl says:

wow, Hillary is a brilliant politician… Or not…

Hillary is totally the female Nixon.

Truer words have not been spoken on this blog, which is why many conservatives have so deeply hated her from the beginning, and now the Dems are getting a taste.

If there’s one redeeming factor I can think of about HRC being president (even though that is the worst of all remaining likely options as far as I am concerned) is that I think you can generally trust her to do what is necessary about Iraq and foreign policy. Oh sure, she’ll lie and tell the voters whatever they want to hear to get elected, but no matter how anti-Iraq her posture is now, she’s far less likely than Obama to make a huge, deadly blunder by rushing our troops out of Iraq. Of course, just because you could generally trust Nixon on foreign policy doesn’t mean the rest of his baggage was worth tolerating, so now you have two interesting HRC-Nixon comparisons.

15. Alasdair says:

Do we have anyone sufficiently skilled with PhotoShop to create a picture of Senator Clinton in hunched Nixonian hands-held-up-in-V-for-Victory-pose, to be entitled “I am not a Clinton !” ?

(innocent smile)