Clinton camp portrays March 4 as Obama firewall (!!)

Hahahaha:

With an eleven state winning streak coming out of February, Senator Obama is riding a surge of momentum that has enabled him to pour unprecedented resources into Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island and Vermont. …

If he cannot win all of these states with all this effort, there’s a problem.

Should Senator Obama fail to score decisive victories with all of the resources and effort he is bringing to bear, the message will be clear:

Democrats, the majority of whom have favored Hillary in the primary contests held to date, have their doubts about Senator Obama and are having second thoughts about him as a prospective standard-bearer.

LOL!! So Hillary can "win" on March 4 just by picking off one state from Obama?? And here y’all thought I was kidding when I said Rhode Island is the new firewall!

Oh, and as for the notion that "the majority of [Democrats] have favored Hillary in the primary contests held to date" … that is about the most tortured piece of transparently bogus political spin I’ve ever heard in my life. It strings together, into a logically incoherent whole, the following four pieces of nonsensical Clintonian garbage, each of which is utterly untenable on its own:

1) Caucuses shouldn’t count at all (not just "caucuses should count less than primaries" — this goes much further than that, suggesting that the preferences of individual voters who happen to live in caucus states do not matter at all);

2) Michigan and Florida should count, even though the party definitively stripped those states of their influence for violating the rules, and even though all the candidates agreed in advance not to contest those states, and even though Obama wasn’t even on the ballot in Michigan, and even though, according to Hillary, caucuses states which followed the rules, and which both candidates did campaign in, shouldn’t count (see above) — I mean, just think about this: after signing a pledge to the voters of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada not to campaign in Florida and Michigan, she is now arguing that Iowa and Nevada don’t matter, while Florida and Michigan do;

3) Independent and Republican voters don’t matter, and their votes should be retroactively subtracted from the candidates’ actual vote totals based on exit-poll estimates (more on that below), even though the local Democratic parties in many states consciously and deliberately choose to allow them to vote in Democratic primaries, and all candidates actively court their votes, and you can’t win a general election without their support; and

4) Exit polls are completely accurate and can be fairly used to definitively assess — for purposes of determining the rightful nominee — candidates’ relative strength among "Democrats" and "non-Democrats" (even though registered Democrats often self-identify as indepedents, and vice versa, so even if the exit polls were 100% statistically accurate, they’d still be wrong).

The absolute lunacy of this Hillaryland spin is beyond staggering. At this point, there are just no words for it. These people are living in an alternate universe. The nonsense they put out seriously has no relation whatsoever to reality. It is… Just. F***ing. Ridiculous.

P.S. By the end of this campaign, I wouldn’t be surprised if Team Clinton is putting out press releases touting the fact that Hillary Clinton has won 100% of the vote among voters who voted for Hillary Cilnton. That’s how circular and self-serving their spin is becoming. It’s like they say, "Let’s see what logically incoherent combination of criteria we can concoct to prove that Hillary’s winning the nomination." At what point will they realize it’s time to give up? At what point will the empress finally recognize that she has no clothes?

11 Responses to “Clinton camp portrays March 4 as Obama firewall (!!)”

1. dcl says:

Yeah, but Bill can still give a damn good speech…

2. Angrier and Angrier says:

And here I thought Hillary was against torture. But then again, maybe “tortured logic” doesn’t count.

3. Angrier and Angrier says:

The growing list of things Hillary blames for her not getting the nomination…

1. Caucus goers

2. Delegates in Michigan and Florida not being counted, even though she agreed they not be counted.

3. Her vagina

4. Tim Russert likes Obama better

5. Obama’s Super-Delegates should have supported her from the beginning

6. Men are mean (see number 3)

7. MSNBC (and its 23 viewers)

8. Obama’s relatively tame mailers

9. Her “best friend,” former campaign manager and fellow woman, who she quickly threw under the bus

10. Hope

4. Medina says:

Typical lawyer. Spin the facts despite the truth. Funny thing is, this sort of stuff works (see Iraq War).

5. Mike's brother Matt says:

What kind of sick, twisted person are you Brendan? Why would you ever, ever bring up the thought of Hillary in no clothes?!? I’m going to go pour Listerine in my eyes….

6. Marty West says:

dcl –

I saw him speak yesterday here at UPenn. It was fantastic. He could have told the audience he was going to have sex with all of them right then and there and I bet they all would have cheered him. The man has a way with words.

7. Richard Milhous Nixon says:

I would have sex with Bill Clinton. And then I’d blame the Jews and the communists for turning me homo.

8. Alasdair says:

Mike’s brother Matt – you beat me to it ! (grin)

Brendan – what you wrote *has* to be against the Geneva Conventions, and, when put up against Abu Ghraib, makes Abu Ghraib look positively humanitarian !

Hmm, smart Sun Tzu move by the HRC campaign to attempt to turn their deepest vulnerability into a strength. I doubt this will affect the media perceptions one bit, but if it does, they can perhaps shift some momentum in their favor. Even if they can reverse some of Obama’s momentum, however, the demographics of the states left to vote are stacked against them from what I understand.

10. Jim Lacey says:

The fact is that Clinton has not said all she could say about Obama. Sadly, she’s damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t.

Here’s the real deal, however, no matter who you’re for or against. Obama was present at but didn’t vote on 130 occasions (roll calls). He says he’s for change but when he had the opportunity to stand and be counted, one way or the other, he simply chose not to vote, whereas Hillary did.

I love the guy, but it’s clear he either can’t make up his mind or was setting things up for his run in a way that no one could say WHAT he was for or against. Now I may dislike many of the things Hillary voted on, but by God, she took a stand in the vast majority of roll calls.

Now, once in the Oval Office, Obama can’t abstain. He’s got to make up his mind, and don’t think, “Oh, but he’ll have his advisors to lean on,” because they’re the very “change” he’s talking about getting away from.

He can’t have it both ways. He’s either ready now or he’s not.

One final very disturbing observation that turned me to Hillary instead of Obama was their 2nd and 3rd debates, at which Obama gratuitously peeked at and transferred information from Hillary’s notepad to his…over and over (6 times in the second debate alone). That did it, for me. I was appalled, disgusted. That, together with the 130 missed roll calls, fits a disturbing pattern that suggests this is one Harvard graduate who he isn’t ready.

Throw in the claim that he plagiarized speech material from still another source, and you have to wonder just how wet he really is behind the ears.

I know this will upset many of you and put you on the defensive. Please understand, I truly think he’s a great guy with a wonderful heart, but we’re only just about to finally get rid or one 8-year puppet and now here comes another candidate who cheats at debates, doesn’t vote at 130 roll calls even though he’s in the building and lifts material from another source?

Sorry, that’s not the change I’m looking for. Eight years of it’s been quite enough for me.

11. Jim Lacey says:

He can’t have it both ways. He’s either ready now or he’s not.