Cheesehead Tuesday

It’s Badger Tuesday… or, as I prefer to call it, Cheesehead Tuesday!

The polls will close in Wisconsin at 9:00 PM EST — which, coincidentally, is when the Hawaii caucuses will begin. Hawaii caucuses begin at midnight EST and end at 12:30 AM. Oh, and let’s not forget Washington state’s utterly meaningless $10 million beauty contest… actually, on second thought, yeah, let’s forget it. :)

Anyway, in honor of Cheesehead Tuesday, I give you… nearly naked hotties for Ron Paul! (SFW.)

On a more serious note, Fly On The Wall offers an excellent critique and analysis of the the various arguments about legitimacy vis a vis delegates, superdelegates, the popular vote, etc.

And speaking of superdelegates, here is a brief history of how they came into being, and why. Though, on that point, I have a slightly different theory:

HILLARY: "Do you know how the Superdelegates first came into being? They were Pledged Delegates once, taken by the dark powers. Tortured and mutilated…"

[The Superdelegate growls.]

HILLARY: "…a ruined and terrible form of life. And now… perfected. My fighting Automatic Delegates."

HILLARY: "Whom do you serve?"

SUPERDELEGATE: "Hillary!!"

Yes, I suck at Photoshop. :)

Anyway… the other big story of the day is the Obama "plagiarism" scandal, which may — may — be hurting Obama in the polls. More importantly, will it hurt him at the polls, in Wisconsin tonight? We shall see.

Personally, I can’t believe the media isn’t making the obvious connection between this latest example of Obama plagiarism, and the far more blatant example that’s been hiding in plain sight:

Can we co-opt a cartoon show’s slogan as a presidential campaign rallying cry? Yes we can! :)

9 Responses to “Cheesehead Tuesday”

1. 4-7 says:

I think Obama can EASILY turn this plagiarism accusation, whatever its merit, into another Clinton racism gaffe. I hope he does cause it’s so much fun to watch.

“What ?! You saying every black man with something inspiring to say is Jason Blair???!?!?! I didn’t see you comparing John Edwards to Stephen Glass !”

Please interwebs, pick this up.

Hey 4-7, that reminds me, I was reading the other day that Hillary will beat Obama if there’s a terrorist attack between now and the convention (because the superdelegates will rally around her as the gravitas/experience candidate in the new political environment), and I immediately thought of you and your conspiratorial Hillary-will-do-anything-to-win theory. Maybe Obama isn’t the only one who needs to watch his back?? :P

Well the real trick is that Bill wants her to win, then appoint him VP after her chosen VP is killed, then he has her killed and assumes the Presidency for another term, bypassing the 22nd ammendment.

4. Alasdair says:

What plagiarism ?

We are talking about a politician’s speech, which is, at best, yet another form of commercial advertisement …

Remember that there is a good reason why, in the English language, the text in a commercial is referred to as “advertising copy

5. Mad Max, Esquire says:

I don’t think Obama is being hurt by the plagiarism charge. I do think, though, that he is being hurt by Michelle Obama’s “this is the first time in my adult life I’ve been proud to be an American” bullshit. Mrs. Obama needs to realize that as First Lady she isn’t going to be able to take the Oprah, Al Sharpton line. She needs to apologize and explain what she meant by that (and this is coming from an Obama supporter).

6. 4-7 says:

Now I am going to have nightmares, Brendan !

Go ahead and prepare the headline: Conspiracy Theorists Allege Billary behind attack on Sears Tower.

Maybe they will blow up the Sears Tower with Obama inside. Two birds with one stone !

Then Hillary assumes uncontested power in a society thirsty for a restriction on civil liberties and expanded war powers to vindicate the terrorist menace unprosecuted by the lazy unsurgeful Bush administration.

Bush reclined while Terrorists Pined !

This is good stuff.

No but seriously. Hillary is going to kill Obama. I suggest a South Park episode on the subject to preempt her plan.

7. 4-7 says:

by the way. The Uruk-Hai thing was hilarious.

Thanks.

In a quasi-related story, it looks like somebody at NBC is trying to get back in Hillary’s good graces…

9. 4-7 says:

You all know that I have been Anti-McCain if you’ve seen my posts during the Romney era of the primary.

Well, I have to admit that McCain’s speech tonight was flipping awesome. I am starting to grow happy that we are 99% of the way to our candidate. I like the point that Huckabee is making, but I agree with some of the CNN politicos that it’s time for him to close up the show, and time for Republicans to play hard for November.