Loyette is one month old!

I almost forgot to mention: today is Loyette’s one-month birthday! In some ways, it’s hard to believe it’s been that long, and in other ways, it’s hard to believe it’s only been a month. It already feels like the little one has been a part of our family forever.

As I write this, Becky is sitting on the other side of the couch with Loyette in her lap, reading aloud the epilogue of Dostoevsky’s Crime and Punishment — which Becky checked out from the library as part of her quest to read the 100 greatest novels of all-time. (UPDATE: Becky points out that Crime and Punishment isn’t actually on that list. She is planning to try to get through the list, though.)

Loyette seems to be enjoying hearing about Raskolnikov’s adventures more than she enjoyed herself the one time I tried to read her the Balrog scene from Lord of the Rings… though I maintain that she was just coincidentally fussy at that particular moment. :)

8 Responses to “Loyette is one month old!”

1. Condor says:

This comment is worth exactly what you paid for it, but I rank Crime and Punishment fourth on the list of Dostoyevski’s greatest books behind The Brother’s Karamazov, The Idiot, and Notes from the Underground Man.

2. Condor says:

By the way, that list strikes me as bullshitly slanted toward Brit. Lit. (especially in the top 50).

Well Condor, the list was put together by a British site, so its not unexpected that it is Brit biased, unintentionaly or not. Of the books i’ve read I think they all deserve to be on their except the Great Gatsby, i still don’t get what is so great about that one.

4. Condor says:

I could put together a list, and it would only have two or three books with “Condor” in the title. You can do these things without being biased.

5. Becky says:

I’m happy to report that Crime and Punishment put Loyette to sleep. ;)

6. Joe Loy says:

MumBecky: good. / While it’s true the List is Brit-sláinted :}, still next time she’s Cranky I’d recommend you Not make first resort to Jimmy Joyce, it might drive her Bonkers altogether :}. Of course that doesn’t necessarily Preclude you Handing her off to the Ould Man for to softly Croon at her the decidedly Dumbed-down Song version ;>.

Happy OneMonth’sDay & sleep Well, li’lDarlin’ Loyette :) ~

Take time to thrive, my ray of hope, in the garden of Dromore,

Take heed, young eaglet, till thy wings are feathered fit to soar,

A little rest and then the world is full of work to do ~

Singing hush-a-bye loo la loo, lo lann,

Sing hush-a-bye loo la loo.

7. Alasdair says:

Joe the Elder – you are being WAAAAAY “Brit-sláinted “ too subtle ! (grin)

8. ndlaw2006 says:

Ugh. Good luck with “Pilgrim’s Progress.” That book sucks.