Craig may resign

Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID), he of the “wide stance,” may resign today.

In other political news, Fred Thompson will announce his candidacy for president on Thursday. Though I must admit, I’ve always been a little unclear on the distinction between the announcement and the announcement-of-the-announcement. If you’ve announced that you’re going to announce something, doesn’t that mean you’ve actually already announced it?

7 Responses to “Craig may resign”

1. Nadine says:

If Fred Thompson does actually run I will NOT be watching any television until after the election. It is just too weird having someone who looks exactly like my father, but who’s voice and political views are so different.

2. john says:

I’m with you Brendan, the announcement of the announcement is itself the announcement. the suspense is gone.

It seems that at this stage in the Presidential race, publicity is the only currency, so announcing twice creates more news stories from the same amount of work.

I hate politics.

3. Marty West says:

Reading that post just gave me a headache…

Fred Thompson blows btw.

4. Mad Max, Esquire says:

Well, he could be like Chuck Hagel and announce that he isn’t making an announcement.

5. Sandy Underpants says:

He may be playing us all and announce that he isn’t running, as if there would be a crowd to hear that unless he had already announced that he was announcing something in advance. I ran into this problem when I announced my intention not to run earlier this year as well.

6. Mad Max, Esquire says:

After listening to the descriptions of what happened in the airport restroom, Craig was a total idiot to plead guilty. If he had pled not guilty, I think he could have easily beat the charge in both he courtroom and in the court of public opinion.

Too bad for him he was both guilty and dumb.