Bill and Hillary Soprano

By popular demand, here is the much-discussed Hillary Clinton campaign ad spoofing the Sopranos finale. (If you have the Sopranos finale TiVoed but haven’t watched it yet, and have somehow managed to avoid hearing anything about it, you may not want to view this clip.)

Heh.

What do you think? Funny? Stupid? Weird? All of the above?

13 Responses to “Bill and Hillary Soprano”

1. Vicki from NJ says:

Funny, very funny… although Bill and Hilary could both stand a few acting lessons.

Now the real question, why did she choose such a lame song for the campaign? I mean really, Celine Dion, come on.

Wow. Worst acting ever.

3. SoDamn Insane says:

Stiff. Not funny.

4. Jay Johnson says:

Not funny at all, not as clever as they want to think, and the use of Celine Dion for campaign theme music?

“Is Pathetisad a word? I don’t know, is Sarcastabitch?” Well, in Hillary’s case, both probably work.

5. Megan says:

I know people are saying that this was her way of helping people appeal to her human side and that it would add something funny to her campaign but I really thought it was dumb. I’d seen it yesterday and said to myself OMG she just committed suicide I think!

6. SoDamn Insane says:

I don’t think this helps her or hurts her. Just like picking a generic Celine Dion song from an Air Canada commercial as her campaign theme doesn’t help her or hurt her. It’s all kinda “blah.”

7. SoDamn Insane says:

Here is the Celine Dion song…

…It’s certainly no “Don’t Stop Thinking about Tomorrow.”

Lame.

8. Aaron says:

For bat-shit-crazy analysis of this ad, it’s doubtfull anyone will top Ann Althouse. Those carrot sticks and onion rings? Penises and vaginas. Seriously.

Althouse hates it when people talk about her without linking to her site… so of course I’m not going to link. But Brendan has her in his blogroll, for those who are curious.

9. SoDamn Insane says:

So Bill Clinton put a penis in his mouth? Hmmm.

10. SoDamn Insane says:

At least with The Parrot they made an attempt to find a restaurant that looks like the one in the Sopranos. The restaurant in the Hillary video looks like a damn Perkins.

11. 4-7 says:

somewhere, there is a hat. and on the tip of that hat, there is a cricket chirping, multiple crickets.

12. marty west says:

the song on the jukebox after bill walks in is “still the one” by shania twain….hahahahaha