CNN Breaking News

“Multiple shootings” at Ward Parkway Shopping Center in Kansas City, Missouri, police department spokeswoman says.

Visit CNN for the latest.

11 Responses to “CNN Breaking News”

1. Briandot says:

Clearly the answer to this tragedy is to flood society with more firearms.

2. USC 1L says:

Today we are all Ward Parkway Shopping Center shoppers

3. Condor says:

This is probably not the time to make a comment like this, but does anyone else find it super ironic that on cnn.com right now the headline reads “Police: Three dead in Kansas City mall shooting,” while in the picture, the store in the background is…well, take a guess.

4. Condor says:

I’m terribly sorry, but a shooting… at a Target. Are you sure this story isn’t from the Onion?
    Ok. Ok. I’ll never make this joke again.

5. Mad Max, Esquire says:

I’ll just wait until NBC plays the nut-job’s tapes. I want to make sure I get into “the mind of the killer.”

6. C. Bassett says:

Yeah. And I can’t wait till someone in the media finds out what his recent ebay purchases were, too. We must know.

7. Joe Mama says:

Clearly the answer to this tragedy is to flood society with more firearms.

No, clearly the answer to this tragedy is to place stricter gun control laws on law-abiding citizens.

Yes because clearly its impossible to allow people to have guns yet not have stricter controls *cough* CANADA *cough*. And clearly we shouldn’t worry about regulating devices whose sole purpose is to kill, even though they are a much greater threat to the average persons life and safety than say, terrorism. And clearly the average citizen should have access to armor piercing bullets, pistols that can fire multiple shots per second, and other weapons now available that the assault weapons ban has lapsed. Clearly.

9. Joe Mama says:

Clearly you missed the point of my comment, David.

10. ceiliazul says:

I’m in favor of the legislation passed in Virginia today (executive order, actually) that would have made the VT shooter unlawful to buy or possess firearms.

However, yesterday in Boston a man police called an “armed career criminal” was able to get a gun to kill a 22 year old girl. This man has a long criminal record including multiple drug and gun charges. In fact he was in jail the month before, and was released.

When .gov releases known dangerous crminals onto the streets, then tries to outlaw the best way of defending myself, I wonder which side .gov is on.

11. Megan says:

Don’t feel bad about mentioning the Target store in the backround because I live in Kansas City and found it HUGELY ironic! However, it was horrible and from the follow up stories I’ve heard it was another person that sounds like they gave several glimpses into how he was handeling stresses of life and no one took him seriously. It’s just very sad.