Sanjaya’s hair… WTF?

Seriously!

On the bright side, Gina was actually really good.

Not as freaky-deaky as last week’s sexy performance, but much better vocally. Even Simon was impressed!

UPDATE: Haley’s friends need to shut up!

UPDATE 2: Okay, time to cast your votes, American Idol pool contestants. Who’s going home this week? Leave ’em in comments. (Current standings here.)

[Bumped to top. -ed.]

P.S. Here’s a good, funny wrap-up of last night’s show.

P.P.S. Even Matt Drudge is making fun of Sanjaya now. Heh.

37 Responses to “Sanjaya’s hair… WTF?”

1. Gardner says:

Please, can we just fast forward past him. For the love of Pete

2. Brett says:

But dog, that hair was, you know dog, like totally wacky, dog.

3. dcl says:

what the hell are you talking about?

4. SoDamn Insane says:

I hate to say it, but Sanjaya actually was not bad tonight. However, I think the freshness warranty has finally expired on Chris Sligh. He started out strong in the competition and has really gotten weaker and weaker each week.

By the way, what the FUCK is Jordin Sparks doing? All the progress she has made in recent weeks is going out the window with this horrific “Hey Baby.”

5. marty west says:

Hey Blake….311 called they want their version of Love Song back. It was a complete rip of 311’s version of Love Song. No originality at all.

6. ScottF says:

Brendan, Do you want our Sanjaya and the Top 9 elimination picks on this post?

7. SoDamn Insane says:

Simon was absolutely right about Chris Richardson. He has NEVER had a good vocal. It is time for him to go.

8. Kate Spitz says:

Agreed. Chris Richardson is overrated. He won’t go home though. I’m going to go ahead and guess Haley Scarnato.

9. Vicki from NJ says:

ok, seriously, I’m not going to stop picking Sanjaya until he goes home, so, here’s me throwing another point away…

***

My official vote is that Sanjaya (and his frakking awful faux-hawk) goes this week.
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

My vote, Jordin Sparks. I don’t know what the judges were thinking that was a butchering of that song…

I’m hoping it’s Haley Scarnato, but I think it will be Chris Sligh.

CORRECTION: I’m hoping it’s Sanjaya, but I don’t think there’s any way that will happen. To his credit, the kid has clearly figured out that his best strategy to stay alive to become a total freakshow. Mission accomplished.

13. Gardner says:

I vote for Haley Scarnato

“Sanjaya and the Top 9”

Heh.

15. SoDamn Insane says:

Jordin Sparks sucked last night, but she has done too much good stuff to be voted off for one bad performance. As for Chris Sligh, I think people are starting to lose patience with him. He started the series off strong and has gotten progressively weaker as Blake, Phil and, gasp, Sanjaya have gotten better (keep in mind, saying Sanjaya has gotten better isn’t the same as saying is has become “good.”)

Haley or Chris Sligh.

16. SoDamn Insane says:

As for Gina, I think picking a Chrissie Hynde song was brilliant. She should also think about singing songs like “The Warrior,” “Betty Davis Eyes,” etc, that play up to her strengths – gritty, naturalistic, vulnerable rockers – while staying away from songs that require vocal acrobatics.

The outfit, however, made her look fat.

Funny, I thought the outfit did a great job showcasing her boobs. :) Eye of the beholder, I guess.

One of the things I like about Gina, actually, is that she’s a real woman, not a stick figure. She’s got some meat on her bones, without venturing into “female Ruben Studdard” territory like LaKisha (not that there’s anything wrong with that, it’s just not for me personally).

18. SoDamn Insane says:

I have no problem with Gina being “a real woman.” I just think she has worn other outfits that work better with her figure. The outfit she was wearing last night was really geared more for the Haleys of the world.

Fair enough. And I didn’t mean to imply that you only like stick-figure women. I was just musing about my own thoughts on the matter, not implying anything about yours.

Anyway, I would agree that last night’s outfit was not my favorite Gina outfit. But I stand by what I said about the boobs. :)

P.S. I love you, Becky. :)

21. SoDamn Insane says:

Haley = No Beers
    Gina = Two Beers
    Lakisha = Three Cases

Hmm… Mad Max said 3 beers for Gina. You say 2. I wonder if that reflects Gina’s improvement, or simply a difference in taste between you and Max. ;)

As for me, it would take an infinite number of beers before I’d have sex with any of them, as I’m happily married and am a one-woman man; see comment 20, above. :) However, I’ll simply repeat what I said last week: “[Gina’s] a hottie. If I was at the Backer with all of the final 12, I’d buy Gina a drink. Let the undergrad guys fawn over Antonella and Haley. Gina’s totally way hotter. And I bet she’d make out with a girl if she had enough drinks. Okay, so would Antonella, but with Gina it would be more believable.”

23. marty west says:

Gina isn’t that hot…and neither is Haley.

Chris Sligh aka Jack Osbourne is going home tonight.

24. SoDamn Insane says:

Marty-

No doubt on Chris Sligh. He has turned out to be the Danny Wuerffel of American Idol. Started out strong, but, alas, is a bust.

25. I really have to wonder how Sanjaya will wear his hair next week. I mean, seven retarded ponytails is sort of hard to top. I’m not sure I want to know what he has in store.

Thanks for the link!
    Curly @ American Midol

26. SoDamn Insane says:

With any luck he will shave his head completely, people will mistake him for Phil and vote his sorry ass off.

27. Kevin Hauschulz says:

Sanjaya goes home tonight..the fairy tale has gotta end

28. Toni Namnath says:

Chris Sligh will leave I think… he is getting old pretty fast.

29. Jay Johnson says:

I think it’s Chris Sligh who’s out tonight. I think he’s probably a pretty talented musician overall, but I think he’s maybe trying too hard to force something, when he could take an easier path that would have let him get further in the competition.

30. Sandy Underpants says:

Sanjaya is pretty hot for an awkward gay indian transgender teenager.

He’s lucky there aren’t any other humans in that category.

31. Melissa says:

I’m saying Haley. Btw, I’m going to live blog it here in a minute.

32. ScottF says:

Sanjaya has become such a wildcard. As others are voted off the votes they were getting have to go somewhere. I can’t believe Sanjaya will get many of them so he should slowly lose ground against the rest of the field. While I will want him voted off every week I will no longer consider voting for him. I’d rather miss the one time he is gone than miss four straight times voting for him.

So, that leaves me with Phil, Haley and Chris Sligh in the bottom three. I think Phil has a strong following and did well enough to stick around. Chris Sligh auditioned in Birmingham and has been adopted here for that reason. That may alter my perception of his chances and he may be the one to go but… my official prediction is Haley will be saying goodbye.

33. Jen Featherston says:

I am torn between Haley, Phil and Chris Sligh. Chris’s shtick was old about 5 weeks ago. Phil just scares the bejeebies out of me when he’s not wearing some form of head gear, even then he’s still kind of creepy. The length of Haley’s stay on Idol will be inversely proportional to the length of her skirts. She was showing a lot of leg last night, which should keep her safe tonight. Phil didn’t yell at us and wore a hat, thus making him less creepy. So, I guess that leaves me with Chris Sligh. None of the above three would be entirely shocking. What would be shocking, though much appreciated, would be the ousting of Sanjaya. But in the alternate universe that is American Idol, that won’t be happening anytime soon! So, for the record, my official pick for tonight is Chris Sligh. Here’s hoping for two more points at the expense of someone else’s dreams! :)

34. Don't like em says:

Senjaya can’t sing he needs to go HOME.He truly sounds like a dying frog with no croak.ITS NOT FAIR ALL OF THE GOOD PEOPLE WHO REALLY CAN SING ARE LEAVING AND HE GETS TO STAY ON AND HE CAN”T SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get off Senjaya

35. tiffany mase says:

SENJAYA CAN”T SING!!!he sounds so bad that it hurts just saing his name he thinks he’s hot an he thinks he rules American Idol but he’s not hot and does not rule.”REALITY CHECK”.he sounds lke a dying dog on NEW YEARS.he does not does deserve to stil be on american Idol like the others that left.