Time for an American Idol pool

Because there can never be too many BrendanLoy.com contests, I’m opening submissions tonight for two separate American Idol pools: one for who will ultimately win the show, the other for who will be eliminated this week.

FINAL WINNER CONTEST: Make a prediction now for the final three contestants, in order of finish. The goal is simply to predict the winner correctly, but if there’s a tie, runner-up and second runner-up predictions will be used to break it.

WEEKLY CONTEST: Throughout the season, after each week’s performance show(s), predict who will be eliminated that week. You get one point for each correct prediction, for a maximum possible total of 23 points at the end of the season. If there’s a tie, the person who erred less recently will win, going back in time through tied weeks as far as necessary to break the tie. Basically, it’s better to be wrong earlier than later. All contestants eliminated in the same week will be considered to have been eliminated simultaneously.

This week, two guys and two girls will be eliminated. So, submit your predictions in comments on this post (I’d recommend waiting until after tonight’s show!) for which four will be voted off this week — and also, for who the final three will be, in what order.

Polls close at 8pm EST Thursday. If you change your prediction, you can leave a new comment superceding the previous one. Please specifically reference the previous comment in your new comment, so I’ll know to ignore the earlier one.

As always, entries identified by first and last name are greatly preferred; pseudonyms that readily identify you to the blog community are OK; first-name-only entries and other inadequately identified contestants may be rejected. Also, unless you have a serious objection to doing so, please leave your e-mail address in the e-mail field on the comment form — nobody will be able to see it except me, and I won’t publish it, nor will I spam you, but it will allow me to contact you if there are any questions about your predictions.

You can see all of the contestants here, and a complete list of what all the guys sang here.

If this post moves down the page between now and 10pm EST, which it probably will, I’ll bump it to the top after the show, and will add a link in the left sidebar eventually.

(Hat tip: The Watcher, from the Orange County Register, for giving me the idea.)

30 Responses to “Time for an American Idol pool”

1. Jen Featherston says:

Antonella Barba
    Alaina Alexander

Top Three:
    WIINER WILL BE Lakisha Jones
    Melinda Doolittle
    Chris Sligh

This post is the final death knell for any political discussion on this blog.

As opposed to a non-final death knell?

Why would a post about American Idol make it impossible to discuss politics on other threads? That doesn’t make any sense. If that were the case, political discussion would have been long ago ruled out by my sports and weather obsessions.

7. Marty West says:

3 – Chris Sligh

8. Vicki from NJ says:

Going Home THIS WEEK
    Guys – Sundance Head & Rudy Cardenas
    Girls – Antonella Barba & Alaina Alexander

Top Three
    1. LaKisha Jones (Winner)
    2. Chris Sligh
    3. Jordan Sparks

9. dcl says:

what is this show you people are talking about? And is it seriously as inanely stupid as it sounds?

10. Vicki from NJ says:

no, it’s actually stupider :)

11. Mark Gardner says:

Top3
    Lakisha Jones
    Stephanie Edwards
    Blake Lewis

Eliminated this week:
    Guys: Nick Pedro, Paul Kim
    Girls: Alina Alexander, Amy Krebs

Sundance should be eliminated this week, but he won’t be. The people eliminated this week will be the forgettable middle-of-the-pack folks who don’t have much of a fan following. Sundance will probably pull a John Stevens and stay in much longer than he should. Same goes for Antonella Barba. (Ugh.)

Eliminated tonight:
    Guys: Paul Kim, Nicholas Pedro
    Girls: Alaina Alexander, Amy Krebs

Top Three
    1. Chris Sligh
    2. Melinda Doolittle
    3. LaKisha Jones

But LaKisha will end up selling more records than Chris and Melinda combined. :)

I swear I posted my predictions before seeing Mark’s, LOL.

14. Vicki from NJ says:

sure you did, Brendan!

15. Rebecca Loy says:

Men gone: Brandon Rogers and AJ Tabaldo

Women gone: Antonella Barba and Amy Krebs

Final Three:
    1. Lakisha Jones
    2. Blake Lewis
    3. Jordin Sparks

I freakin’ hate Antonella Barba. She strikes me as the biggest bitch on earth. If she makes it another week, I’ll totally start screaming at the TV and then I’ll shake my fist at America.

16. Rebecca Loy says:

I’m kind of worried that Nicole Tranquillo is gonna get the ax. I’d like to see a little more of her, but she didn’t leave a big impression on me one way or the other.

17. Rebecca Loy says:

I would be very suprised if Sanjaya is sacked tonight. He’s a rather charming character, even if his performance was abysmal. Besides that, I can see every Indian kid in America watching AI casting a vote for him. I think he might be around for awhile.

Unlike Brendan, I think that Sundance is losing his luster. I don’t hink he’ll be in the first two out but I do think that his days are numbered unless he puts on a good performance soon. His followers may just turn elsewhere. Fickle public, sez I.

18. Toni says:

I don’t know about you guys but my gage for who will win is goose bumps.

I got major goose bumps from Lakisha Jones rendition of “your gonna Love Me”

I loved that song in Dream Girls and it is a song for the ages that not many people can pull off.

Lakisha Jones sang that song dare I say it BETTER than Jennifer Hudson and that is saying a lot because Jennifer Hudson NAILED that song and it is the reason she is about to win an Oscar!

For the poster who wonders what American Idol is all about or the poster who feels that talking about American Idol here on the great Irish Trojan site is some how degrading I just don;t understand that.

American Idol is just a lot of fun and for many people like myself who love music it is a great choice over watching
    CSI or Emergency Room gore. It is also a lovely diversion of the worlds harsh realities and that my friends is entertainment :)

19. Melissa says:

Eliminated this week:
    Antonella Barba, Haley Scarnato, Sanjaya Malakar, and Paul Kim

Final Three:
    1)Melinda Doolittle
    2)LaKisha Jones–winner
    3)Chris Sligh

20. Rebecca Loy says:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I FREAKIN HATE ANTONELLA BARBA! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Okay, meltdown over.

Shhhh, Toni, don’t give away my (and Mark’s, I’m guessing) secret!! :)

2 for 3, baby… 2 for 3.

Though I would have given up being right to see Antonella voted off. I had a moment of hope there. DAMN YOU RYAN SEACREST.

D’oh! 2 for 4.

So, Dialidol isn’t infallible.

Okay, so Mark and I both have 2 points, and Becky and Melissa have 1 each. Becky could get to 2 if AJ is voted off, and Melissa could get to 2 if Sanjaya is voted off. But Dialidol said Sanjaya is totally safe, so that’s probably unlikely.

25. Melissa says:

I second that emotion Becky! Argh! What a no-talent! I guess Simon was right–the forgettable people were forgotten.

May Antonella be put out of our misery next week. ‘Til then!

Is Brendan literal minded in real life as well?

27. Park says:

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it.o

28. Mike says:

I want Sanjaya Malakar to be out in the American Idol He doesn’t have the talent.

29. Park says: