Airport curse lands woman in court

Question: “Is it against the f***ing law to say f***?”

Answer: Yes, apparently.

14 Responses to “Airport curse lands woman in court”

Her case has no chance. I remember a case from my undergrad years at USC where a Michigan man was charged for swearing and it was upheld.

Plus, she’s from Riverside? Eh, she is so not OC material! Hello, 909!

2. kcatnd says:

As a resident of OC (when not at ND), I’ve noticed that weird stuff like this seems to happen there more often than other places I’ve lived. Perhaps due to the strange combination of sunny weather, conservativism, and money?

Also, LA Times OC edition > OC Register

Whatever, I have no idea what I’m talking about now.

3. Anonymooose says:

From the article:

According to the lawsuit, one deputy wrote in his report that Venable responded, “Is it against the (expletive) law to say (expletive)?”

Smart move. Antagonize the cop. That ALWAYS helps you out. I have no sympathy for this tool.

That’s one of the reason’s I stopped going to professional baseball games with my kids. Tools (many of them) would get liquored up by the third inning and unleash profanity-laced tirad after tirad at players, umps, whomever. And heaven forbib you ask said tool to have fun yelling to his heart’s content, but cut down on the profanity because kids are present…………well, imagine the words you get to hear then. One of which then becomes my 3 year olds favorite word for the week!!!!!

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been known to throw a few out there every now and then, but I do try to watch what I say.

4. kcatnd says:

Also, 949 > 714!!!!!

I like nonsensically attaching pride to area codes.

Also, LA Times OC edition > OC Register

And with that, you’ve ruined any credibility that you had. The LA Times is a crappy newspaper because it wastes its resources trying to be a national paper instead of covering the local area with any depth. The OC Register at least does that fairly well.

Also, as a conservative who grew up in Orange County, I have to say OC’s “conservatism” is highly overrated.

6. kcatnd says:

I’ll still disagree about the papers, but I was being rather tongue-in-cheek about the conservatism. There is something quirky about conservatives in OC that I can’t quite put my finger on. I feel like an overwhelming majority of the people I know from back home are Republicans or hawkish about the Iraq war, yet it seems to be a product of convention or going along with what everyone else believes. It’s different from some of the more “principled” or apologetic conservatives I’ve encountered elsewhere. That’s the way I see it, anyway. I’d be interested in hearing what else you think.

7. Briandot says:

Well, I’m confused here; if she was charged with disorderly conduct (for swearing even after being asked to be quiet — and therefore acting antagonistically in public) maybe I wouldn’t care. But she “faces a criminal charge of swearing”, which is just ridiculous. Indeed, I’d say it’s not against the fucking law to say “fuck” (although IANAL, unlike a percentage of the other readers here). So which is it? Disorderly conduct or public swearing? The article says both.

Eh, I’d fight it too.

If you can’t swear in an airport, then it follows that you probably can’t swear on an airplane either. Thus, someone needs to drag Samuel L. Jackson to court immediately.

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERF***ING SNAKES ON THIS MOTHERF***ING PLANE!!!

9. Mike says:

Brendan, you may want to take a look at the wording of the title of this post. Unless my reading comprehension skills have deserted me entirely, the curse did not land a man in court. The individual in question, named Elizabeth, is identified as a woman…

LOL… so apparently I’m an idiot. Thanks Mike :)

Well its not like its a crime to accidentally mistake your freshman year roomate a person in a newspaper article for the opposite gender, is it?

12. Sean says:

Man, I never even liked giving detentions for swearing.

13. Alasdair says:

Sean – so don’t give detentions for swearing – give detentions for excessive over-use of certain way-too-commonly-used words !